When was the last time you were silly? I mean the giggling unable to stop laughing kind of silly? It might sound like a “silly” question, but it’s one to take seriously. As adults, we tend to become consumed with daily responsibilities and stressed about paying the bills, work, making time for family, worldly events and more. Life can seem overwhelming. Running on autopilot day in and day out isn’t fulfilling. When we give ourselves permission to break the cycle, let go and be free, we become open and in touch with life. When we are in this open space, we can find our silly. It’s easy to do and doesn’t cost a thing.
Here are some ways to find your silly:
- If it’s been a while, start by watching a funny movie.
- Laugh! Just the act of laughing with change your brain chemistry and make you feel lighter.
- Go out for ice cream and get whatever you want. Treat yourself!
- Go to a playground and swing on the swing set.
- Play with your children. Put down the electronic device and spend quality time playing, imagining and giggling.
- Play with your pets. Our fur babies love attention and deserve it.
- Finger paint, doodle, color, draw, art journal, attend an art workshop.
- Go to a comedy show.
- Dance like no one is watching. Turn up the music and dance.
- Sing like no one is listening. Start in the shower or car and go from there.
- Have a game night or girls night with some fun people
- Go bowling and wear the bowling shoes.
- Go swimming and float on your back. Get your hair wet. Jump off of the diving board.
- Think about what brought you joy as a child and bring it into your life
I could go on and on with ways to find your silly, but it’s ultimately up to you. If you cringed at the thought of doing any of the ideas above, I challenge you to start with with that one! Why not? Life is short. Find your silly and enjoy.
Please leave a comment and add your experiences and other ways to find your silly.